Who We Are
The Grand River Council on Aging is a registered charitable non-profit organization dedicated to encouraging an “age-friendly community” for all residents “from 5 to 105”. An age-friendly community optimizes opportunities for health, participation and security in order to enhance quality of life as people age.
The GRCOA does this by:
- Educating the community, including service providers, about interests, strengths and needs of seniors by providing courses, seminars and workshops about ageism and issues faced by aged persons
- Advancing education by conducting research into the concerns, needs and best interests of the aging population and making the results publicly available
- Supporting the social participation and inclusion of seniors through education and activities for successful and healthy aging
- Doing all such things as are incidental or ancillary to the attainment of the above objectives.
To Promote the Voice of Elders
To engage Brantford and Brant County, Six Nations of the Grand River and Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation in the process of becoming age-friendly communities.
- We will act with integrity using guiding principles of respect, trust and inclusivity.
- We will facilitate access for all regardless of the level of ability or disability.
- We will foster community engagement and decision making that supports all residents.
Make a Donation to the GRCOA