Be A Volunteer
Board and Committees:
Opportunities to get involved with the Board and committees allow volunteers to share ideas, plan activities or workshops, and support age-friendly initiatives in the community.
Community Special Events:
- Events that create awareness and highlight the work of the GRCOA are always in need of volunteers to organize and give leadership to their success.
- May – Annual CARP Resource Fair: CARP=Canadian Association of Retired Persons (cancelled 2020)
- June – Seniors Month
- June 15 – World Elder Abuse Awareness Day
- October 1 – National Seniors Day – “Workshop on a Bus”
- Last Sunday in September – Taco Fest (cancelled 2020)
- Writing articles focused on seniors
- Public speaking and presentations to interested groups
- GRCOA web site development and updates
- Creating social media posts for Face Book
- Providing high quality photography services
- Conducting surveys or focus groups
- Providing education and encouraging age-friendly communities
- Giving leadership to a Charitable Donation Plan
- Grant writing
- Taking meeting minutes
- Taking registrations for special events or workshops
- Returning phone calls and emails
Online Resources for other Volunteer Opportunities:
- BRAVA – Brant Regional Association of Volunteer Administrators) https://www.bravabrant.com
- Kijiji – https://www.kijiji.ca
- Volunteer Brantford (City of Brantford) – https://www.brantford.ca/residents/Volunteer
- Canadian-Universities.net website address: http://www.canadian-universities.net/volunteer/Ontario-Brantford.html
- Spark Ontario – https://www.sparkontario.ca
- County of Brant website address: https://brant.ca/en/resident-services/volunteer.aspx
Note: Brantford/Brant County does not have a Volunteer Centre or a Central Database for Volunteer Opportunities.
Apply to be a volunteer
Please click on the link below, to download the fillable pdf application. You will also need Adobe Reader in order to be able to fill out the form
To Download Adobe Reader click here.
To Download the Volunteer Information Form, click here.
- Click on Download symbol on top right of page
- Save to your chosen document file.
- Fill in the application and save.
To Submit to GRCOA, attach to e-mail and send to email@example.com
Print and mail to:
Grand River Council on Aging
363 Colborne St.
Brantford, ON N3S 3N2